Statement of Rights and Responsibilities while using our eGRANTTTs Network.
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 17 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: December 11, 2021.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with us. By using or accessing SERVICE(S), you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 14 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that helps you understand how our service(s) work.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use our service(s) to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on our NETWORK, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with us (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Use Policy and Platform Page.)
4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of our service(s), to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about our SERVICE(S), but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep our service(s) safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep our service(s) are safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on our NETWORK.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access our SERVICE(S), using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on our NETWORK.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on our NETWORK.
10. You will not use our service(s) to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our service(s), such as but not limited to an attack or interference with page rendering or our other functionality.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Our users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on our NETWORK, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use our service(s) Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use our service(s) if you are under 13.
6. You will not use our service(s) if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on our NETWORK that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on our NETWORK if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any PERSON, PLACE or THING initiated or created by us that's placed on the internet, including nothing confusingly similar except as expressly permitted by our prior expressed written permission
8. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on our NETWORK.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. We offer or intend to offer behavior reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on our NETWORK within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on our NETWORK.
If you make a payment on our NETWORK or use our Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Social Plugins
If you include our Social Plugins, such as the Share or Like buttons on your website, the following additional terms apply to you:
1. We give you permission to use our service(s) for Plugins so that users can post links or content from your website on our NETWORK.
2. You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on our NETWORK.
3. You will not place a Social Plugin on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on our NETWORK.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
1. You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of Platform. This includes ensuring your application or use of Platform meets our Policies and all Guidelines.
2. Your access to and use of data you receive from our service(s), will be limited as follows:
1. You will only request data you need to operate your application.
4. You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide a mechanism for users to make such a request.
5. You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative.
6. You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, even if a user consents to that transfer or use.
7. You will not sell user data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user data within your application, but you cannot transfer user data outside of your application.
8. We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users’ expectations.
9. We can limit your access to data.
10. You will comply with all other restrictions contained in our Platform Policies.
3. You will not give us information that you independently collect from a user or a user's content without that user's consent.
4. You will make it easy for users to remove or disconnect from your application.
5. You will make it easy for users to contact you. We can also share your email address with users and others claiming that you have infringed or otherwise violated their rights.
6. You will provide customer support for your application.
7. You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on our service(s).
8. We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
9. You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
10. You will not misrepresent your relationship with us to others.
11. You may use the logos we make available to developers or issue a press release or other public statement so long as you follow our Platform Policies.
12. We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
13. You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
1. have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
2. comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary from users so that user data subject to the VPPA may be shared on our NETWORK. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
14. We do not guarantee that Platform will always be free.
15. You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with us, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into streams, timelines, and user action stories.
16. You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
17. We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
18. To ensure your application is safe for users, we can audit it.
19. We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
10. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Our Service(s)
12. Our goal is to deliver ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
14. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your desired audience by buying ads on our NETWORK or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal (Order):
1. When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
2. In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
3. You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
4. Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
5. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
6. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
7. We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
8. You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
9. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
10. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
11. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with us without our prior written permission.
12. We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
13. If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
1. You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
2. You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
15. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on our NETWORK, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
16. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download our software, such as a stand-alone software product or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
1. If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, it's your responsibility to review our terms of service.
3. Your continued use of our services following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of our service(s) to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but our provisions will still apply.
1. The laws of the State of Pennsylvania will govern our policies, as well as any claim that might arise between you and our service(s), without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, for the purpose of litigating 'ALL' claims.
2. ALL claims against us/our Service(s) related to your actions, content or information on our NETWORK, by using our service(s) you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on our NETWORK and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on our NETWORK. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on our NETWORK. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of ours.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP OUR SERVICE(S) UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SERVICE(S) AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT OUR SERVICE(S) WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT OUR SERVICE(S) WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. OUR SERVICE(S) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR OUR SERVICE(S), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR OUR SERVICE(S) WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
20. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with us outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on our NETWORK (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
1. By "OUR SERVICE(S)" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website(s) and any other branded or co-branded website(s) of ours (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from OUR SERVICE(S) or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with us.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on our NETWORK that would not be included in the definition of information.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from OUR SERVICE(S) or provide to our service(s) through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean postings on our NETWORK or otherwise make available by using our service(s).
7. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into our service(s) at least once in the previous 30 days.
9. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
1. If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and our service(s).
2. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding our service(s), and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing our service(s).
• Date of last revision: July 26, 2013
• Advertising Guidelines
• Advertising Philosophy
• We believe that ads should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. The best ads are those that are tailored to individuals based on how they and their friends interact and affiliate with the brands, artists, and businesses they care about. These guidelines are not intended to serve as legal advice and adherence to these guidelines does not necessarily constitute legal compliance. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads comply with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
• Additional examples and explanations to our policies can be found in the Help Center.
• I. General
• A. Our Advertising Guidelines consist of advertising content criteria, community standards, and other applicable requirements.
• B. The Ad Guidelines, as well as our Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all ads and commercial content (“ads”) served by or appearing on our service(s) (including ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions).
• C. Advertising appearing within applications on our Platform(s) must comply with all additional Policies.
• D. Ads that are generated through Page posts, and ads that promote a sweepstakes, contest, competition or offer must also comply with the Pages Terms.
• E. Ads must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
• F. You may not manage more than one advertiser or client through a single ad account, and may not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account.
• G. If you use custom audiences you must comply with the Custom Audience Terms.
• II. Data and Privacy
• A. No data collected, derived or obtained from or in connection with our ads, including our delivery of an ad, and our users’ interaction with our served ads (such as information derived from targeting criteria) (“Our Advertising Data”) may be received or used by an entity not acting on behalf of a advertiser of ours.
• B. You may not use our advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, building or augmenting user profiles, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis to assess the performance and effectiveness of your advertising campaigns on our service(s).
• C. You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
• D. You may not directly or indirectly transfer or sell any data to, or use such data in connection with any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on behalf of an advertiser and the advertiser’s ad campaigns. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network.
• III. Ad Creative and Positioning
• All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad. Ads may not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a user's interaction or expands within our service(s) after a user clicks on the ad. Ads may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or "hot button" issues for commercial use. Additionally, ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
• A. Accuracy
• Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. Products and services promoted in the ad copy must be clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service. Additionally, ads may not suggest false relevancy to generic offers.
• B. Attribution
• Ad text may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the ad content or by targeting, a user's personal characteristics within the following categories:
• i. race or ethnic origin;
• ii. religion or philosophical belief;
• iii. age;
• iv. sexual orientation or sexual life;
• v. gender identity;
• vi. disability or medical condition (including physical or mental health);
• vii. financial status or information;
• viii. membership in a trade union; and
• ix. criminal record.
• C. Destination Sites
• Ads must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user's ability to navigate away from the page.
• D. Images
• Ads and sponsored stories in News Feed may not include images comprised of more than 20% text.
• E. Targeting
• Ads must always apply appropriate targeting and never use targeting criteria to provoke users. Ads for regulated goods and services (e.g. alcohol and gambling), must abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes. Specific requirements for dating services, alcohol, gambling, contraceptives and subscription services must adhere to the requirements listed in the Help Center under the applicable content sections.
• IV. Ad Content
• Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. The following specific content guidelines apply:
• A. Adult Products
• Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
• B. Alcohol
• i. Ads that promote or reference alcohol are prohibited in the following countries: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and any other jurisdiction where such ads are prohibited by law.
• ii. Where permissible, ads that promote or reference alcohol must: (i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and (ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with our targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Where a user's age or country cannot be determined, the ad must not be displayed to the user.
• iii. Please refer to the Help Center for additional alcohol-specific guidance.
• C. Dating
• Ads for adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis are not permitted. Ads for other online dating services must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and the name of the product or service must be included in the ad text or image.
• D. Drugs and Tobacco
• Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
• E. Gambling and Lotteries
• i. Ads that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed in specific countries with prior authorization from our service(s).
• ii. Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on our service(s), provided that ads must be targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and may only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
• iii. Ads that promote offline gambling establishments, such as offline casinos, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, are generally permitted, provided that ads must be appropriately targeted.
• iv. Please refer to the Help Center for additional gambling-specific guidance.
• F. Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
• i. Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from us.
• ii. Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterne, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by our service(s) in its sole discretion.
• G. Software
• Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
• i. "sneaks" onto a user's system;
• ii. performs activities hidden to the user;
• iii. may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user's computer without express permission from the user;
• iv. is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
• v. automatically downloads without our express prior approval;
• vi. presents download dialog boxes without a user's action; or
• vii. may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
• H. Subscription Services
• Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to the following requirements:
• i. Ad text must clearly and conspicuously disclose the recurring billing component (e.g. "subscription required").
• ii. The landing page must:
• a. display the price and billing interval wherever the user is prompted to enter personally identifiable information;
• b. include an unchecked opt-in checkbox; and
• c. include language informing users how to cancel their subscription or membership.
• iii. Each of the foregoing must be located in a prominent place on your landing page, as determined by our service(s) in its sole discretion, and should be easy to find, read, and understand.
• I. Unacceptable Business Model
• Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by our service(s) in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to our overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements for scams.
• J. Weapons and Explosives
• Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
• V. Ad Community Standards
• Ads, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our community standards, are prohibited and may be removed. In all cases, our service(s) reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content is in violation of our community standards.
• A. Illegal Activity
• Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
• B. Harassment
• Ads may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
• C. Hate Speech
• Ads may not contain "hate speech," whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
• D. Minors
• Ads that are targeted to minors may not promote products or services that are illegal for use by minors in their jurisdiction, or that are deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
• E. Sex/Nudity
• Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
• F. Shock Value
• Ads may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
• VI. OUR References
• Ads may not imply an endorsement or partnership with OUR SERVICE(S) of any kind. Ads linking to our branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or Connect sites) may make limited reference to "OUR SERVICE(S)" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any PERSON, PLACE or THING initiated or created by us that's placed on the internet, including nothing confusingly similar except as expressly permitted by our prior expressed written permission .
• VII. Rights of Others
• Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
• We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of our service(s):
▪ Data Use Policy: The Data Use Policy contains information to help you understand how we collect and use information.
▪ Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through our service(s).
▪ Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a third-party application or use us in concert with other service(s), including how they may access and use your data.
▪ 'OUR' Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
▪ Advertising Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on our NETWORK.
▪ Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on our NETWORK.
▪ 'OUR' Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use our trademarks, logos and screenshots.
▪ How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
▪ Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of our Pages.
▪ Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to OUR SERVICE(S) and your activity on our NETWORK.